Professional Risk Auditors Inc. is a Montreal-based internal audit and regulatory compliance advisory firm equipped to serve both private and public sector organizations. Our firm provides a broad spectrum of consulting services ranging from the complete design and implementation of a new Internal Audit function to specialized capital project audits and IT Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance reviews.
To go beyond our clients' expectations in delivering strategic business assurance and value.
Chief Consultant and Founder
Zoltan Csonka is the Chief Consultant and Founder of PRA Inc. He has extensive international internal audit and compliance experience in the aluminum/metallurgy, food processing and textile industries. Zoltan holds the following professional credentials: MBA, CPA, CMA, CCA, CIA and a CFA Charter. His professional training is complemented with more than six years of experience in financial and operational audit, risk assessment, and process and managerial control design.
As an Internal Audit Manager at Gildan, one of the world's largest marketer and manufacturer of quality branded basic apparel, Zoltan was involved in the development of a risk-based and Enterprise Risk Management integrated internal audit plan. He was also responsible for the initial internal audit report review and editing process and for the development of the audit file quality assurance program. He was in charge of the IT general controls review to ensure regulatory compliance.
As a Senior Internal Auditor at Alcan Inc., one of the globe’s leading suppliers of bauxite, alumina, aluminum and a top-ranked engineered and packaging materials provider, he managed the planning and completion of plant reviews in ten different countries. He also executed specialized audit engagements such as:
- US$ 2 billion capital project audit in Oman
- Hedging activity review in Zurich
- Pension investments audit in Montreal
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Creation of an Internal Audit Function
PRA designs and implements Internal Audit functions at newly listed companies. Our services include:
- Company-wide risk assessment
- Development of an Internal Audit Charter
- Establishment of Internal Audit reporting lines to ensure independence
- Preparation of a risk-based and ERM integrated three-year and annual audit plan
- Creation of a standardized audit report format
- Set up and maintenance of an internal audit quality assurance program
- Design and implementation of management action plan follow-up mechanisms
Internal Audit Services
PRA offers its clients a broad range of financial and operational audit services. We have developed a niche in, but are not limited to, auditing:
- Capital projects
- Manufacturing plants
- Pension investments
Our clients decide whether they prefer to lead a project or ask us to manage the mandate. When PRA leads an internal audit engagement, the project leader will be PRA's Chief Consultant, Zoltan Csonka, MBA, CPA, CMA, CIA, CFA Charter holder who has relevant subject matter expertise.
Sarbanes Oxley 404 Compliance Advisory Services
Our SOX 404 compliance advisory services can help you to:
- Enhance your governance structure to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Establish a cost-effective compliance program
- Achieve objectivity
- Complete IT General Controls testing to ensure regulatory compliance
Risk Assessment and ERM Integrated Audit Planning
PRA can assist your organization in:
- Company-wide control environment review
- Evaluation of the adequacy of existing internal audit functions
- Comparison of the Internal Audit and ERM-based risk assessments
- Development and implementation of a three-year, and a detailed one-year, ERM integrated internal audit plan
Scoping of Uncovered Risk Areas & Completion of Specialized Audit
Following an initial scoping and review of risk areas currently not covered by the annual audit plan, PRA presents a list of potential specialized engagements such as:
- Evaluation of hedging activity
- Repair and maintenance process review
- Transportation and logistics audit
- Capital project approval and project management process evaluation
- R&D information protection assessment
- Audit of travel and entertainment expenses